Deena R Zimmerman MD MPH IBCLC is a pediatrician with a life long love of Judaic Studies. One of the first graduates of Nishmat’s Keren Ariel Program as a Yoetzet Halacha, she has authored “A Lifetime Companion to the Laws of Jewish Family Life” and “Mi Dor L’Dor: Genetics and Genetic Diseases: Jewish Legal and Ethical Perspectives” and a number of articles related to women’s health issues and halacha. She is the director of Nishmat Women’s Health and Halacha website [(www.yoatzot.org) for the general public and www.jewishwomenshealth.org for health care providers] and co-author of Nishmat’s on-line interactive textbooks – the Kallah Companion and the Marriage Companion.
Field / Profession: Educator
Educator at: Yoetzet Halacha, Other
Speaking Topics: Torah, Israel, Eretz Yisrael, Halacha & the Modern World, Other
Sample Topics - General:
I would be happy to speak on just about any topic related to health (esp women's health) and halacha. Here are some topics I have done in the past.
The format depends on the context - can be text based or a lecture.
1. Child Safety/Preventative medicine and halacha
2. Chazal’s understanding of the suffering of the sick
3. Making taharat hamishpacha user friendly: What is the role of a Yoetzet Halakhah?
4. The fourth trimester - the post partum from a medical and halachic perspective
5. When real life happens - the perimenopausal years keeping taharat hamishpacha
6. When things don't go according to plan - dealing with infertility diagnosis and treatment
7. Taking a break - halachic issues in contraceptive methods
8. Halachic Infertility: A medical and halachic analysis. Can mikveh use get in the way of conception?
9. Breastfeeding and Halacha
10. When medicine and halacha intersect – topics include: genetics, brit milah
11. Only in Israel: What makes Israel special
Links to sample audio or videos:
Languages: English, HebrewMizrachi discount available for this speaker!
Click here to request this speaker