BA: 1982, Arabic and Political Science, Bar-Ilan University, Israel.
PhD: 1998, Arabic, Bar-Ilan University, Israel.
Areas of Research: Islam, Islamic Movements, gender issues in Islam, Arabic mass media, popular culture in the Arab world, state and society in the Arab world.
Languages: Fluent in Hebrew, English and Arabic.
Assistant Professor: Bar-Ilan University, Israel.
Lieutenant Colonel in the Israel Defense Forces, Military Intelligence, head of a branch in the hi-tech 8200 unit. On active duty until 1995.
Teaching at Bar-Ilan University since 1994, Departments of Arabic and Middle East Studies.
Adjunct lecturer: Tel-Aviv University, Israel, 2005 (Course on Islam)
Adjunct lecturer: Ariel College, Israel, 2006. (Course on Islam)
Member of academic institutions:
Director of the Center for the Study of the Middle East and Islam (under formation), Bar-Ilan University, Israel.
Research Associate at the Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies, Bar-Ilan University, Israel.
Member of the Herzliya Inter-Disciplinary Center, Israel – Study team: “Facing Radical Islam”
Member of the international board of The Berlin International Center for the Study of Antisemitism (BICSA)
Member of the international board of Canadian Institute for Jewish Research (CIJR)
Weekly analysis about the Middle East of the Israeli “Yom le-Yom”
Field / Profession: Educator
Educator at: Academic
Speaking Topics: Torah, Israel, Politics, Eretz Yisrael, Other
Sample Topics - General:
Understanding Arab and Muslim Culture
1. "The Arab Spring" – Where does it lead to?
2. Tribalism in the Middle East and its influence on politics and state building.
3. Turkey – What went wrong?
4. What is the struggle over Jerusalem all about?
5. Why do many Muslims hate the West?
6. Understanding the Iranians - What motivates the Ayatollas?
7. Hezbollah - Ideology, politics and modus operandi.
8. Hamas - Ideology, politics and modus operandi.
9. Islam - A culture in crisis.
10. Islam in Democratic State - The Islamic Movements in Israel.
11. Democracy in the Middle East - Opportunity or danger?
12. Islamic Radicalism - Causes, ideology and ways to face it.
13. The Middle East - Quo vadis?
14. Sunnis and Shi'is - Why do they hate each other so?
15. Islamic Women between Tradition and Modernity.
16. Palestinian Political Illustrations - Cartoons and messages.
17. The Right of Return in the Palestinian National Ethos.
18. Hizballah, Hamas, and Israel - Living with the enemy.
19. Clash of Values: Gender and Family Issues - Sources of tension between Islam and the West.
20. Arab Intellectuals - Where are they?
21. Arab Mass Media.
22. The Other Voice in the Arab World - My personal experience.
Lecture Subjects Concerning Military Intelligence:
1. Flawed intelligence assessments and mistaken policies resulting from cultural differences.
2. What motivates Arab states, societies and armies?
3. How to understand the Arab state media?
4. Major mistakes made by the Western coalition in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Sample Topics - Israel Related:
Israel and its neighbors
1. Trump and the Middle East – What Can We Expect?
2. Israel at 70: Achievements and Challenges
3. Israel in a Changing Middle East – Challenges and Opportunities
4. Israel and the Palestinian Issue – Possible Solutions
5. The Middle East between ISIS and SISI – where to?
6. Peace in the Middle East – What does it Need?
7. The "Islamic State" – a Challenge to Global Stability
8. Iran – A Threat to Global Stability.
Links to sample audio or videos:
Personal website: http://mordechaikedar.com/
Languages: English, Hebrew, ArabicMizrachi discount available for this speaker!
Click here to request this speaker