Rabbi Dr. Kenneth Brander is the President and Rosh HaYeshiva of the 27 academic and advocacy institutions of Ohr Torah Stone.
Until January 2018, he was Vice President at YU and taught rabbinics at RIETS. Prior to that he served for 14 years as the senior rabbi of the Boca Raton Synagogue (BRS). He oversaw its explosive growth from 60 to more than 600 families. While at BRS, he became the founding dean of Katz Yeshiva High School, founder/posek of the Boca Raton Community Mikvah, established a Kollel, co-chaired the Vaad haKashrut of Broward and Palm Beach County, built two satellite synagogues and was instrumental in development of the Hillel Day School.
Rabbi Brander has published numerous articles on Jewish law and philosophy which have appeared in various scholarly journals and served as editor for The Yeshiva University Haggada.
He is a 1984 alumnus of YU, received his ordination from RIETS in 1986. During that time he served as a student assistant to Rabbi Joseph B. Soloveitchik. He also received special ordination from Machon Puah and Chief Rabbi Mordechai Eliyahu, in the field of medical ethics, reproductive technology and Halakha. Rabbi Brander holds a Ph.D. in general philosophy and comparative literature.
Field / Profession: Educator, Leadership & Motivation
Educator at: Yeshiva, Midrasha, Academic
Speaking Topics: Torah, Israel, Community, Eretz Yisrael, Inspirational, Mussar/Character Development, Jewish Education, Family Education, Halacha & the Modern World
Sample Topics - General:
• Ethics in Philanthropy: Should Synagogues and Jewish Institutions Accept Tainted Funds?
• Is There a Glass Ceiling for the Role of Women in Orthodoxy?
• Beit Ha’mikdash, Beit Ha’sefer & Mikdash Ma’at: Exploring the Contemporary Role of a Synagogue and School
• Synagogue – Mikdash Ma’at Creating Spiritual Spaces
• The Karaite Women Weds the Rosh Yeshiva: An Ancient Story with a Contemporary Message
• Are the Rabbis Card Carrying Members of Green Peace?
• A Green Torah: The Jewish Perspective on Environmentalism
• The Future of Modern Orthodoxy: Challenges & Opportunities
• The Value of Atheism: God’s Search for Man; Man’s Search for God
• Will the Real Messiah Please Stand Up: The Jewish Notion of Redemption
• The Ethics of War and Soldiering: Contrasting Jewish and Societal Perspectives
• The Shattered Tablets: Understanding the Odyssey of the Jew
• Yom Hashoa: Theological Implications of the Holocaust
Sample Topics - Israel Related:
• The Modern State of Israel: Is Redemption Possible Through a Natural Process
• Redemption Naturally: Moshiach and The Modern State of Israel
• Archeological Finds in Jerusalem: Illuminating Tanach & Halacha
• Zionism: Is It Diametrically Opposed to Judaism?
Links to sample audio or videos:
Personal website: http://rabbikennethbrander.com/
Languages: English, HebrewMizrachi discount available for this speaker!
Click here to request this speaker