Rabbi Michael Siev is a seasoned speaker and educator who has worked in the post high school scene in Israel for over 15 years. He studied at Yeshiva University, earning a graduate degree from Azrieli and Semicha from RIETS. He also studied at Yeshivat Har Etzion for six years. Rabbi Siev has been a Ram at Yeshivat Lev Hatorah since 2007 and also serves as its halakhic advisor. He is a senior editor for the English Steinsaltz Talmud series and Tanakh series. A native of Teaneck, New Jersey, Rabbi Siev lives in Ramat Bet Shemesh with his wife and six children.
Field / Profession: Educator
Educator at: Yeshiva
Speaking Topics: Torah, Eretz Yisrael, Halacha & the Modern World
Sample Topics - General:
1. Honoring parents, grandparents and parents-in-law: Priorities and Limitations
2. Taking a census according to Halacha
3. The Israeli Conversion Crisis
4. What’s New in the World of Chadash: The Prohibition of Chadash in Contemporary Times
5. Lift and Cut, OneBlade, and other Cutting Edge Electric Shavers: Are they too close for comfort?
6. Counting Women and Children for a Zimun
7. The Mitzva of Bitachon: Definitions and Ramifications
8. Showering on Shabbat and Yom Tov
9. Jews and Non-Jews:
a. Do non-Jews get reward for keeping mitzvot beyond the 7?
b. Should Jews engage in outreach to non-Jews to keep their 7 mitzvot?
c. Is it permissible to circumcise a non-Jew?
d. Teaching Torah to Non-Jews: What is Permitted, What is Prohibited?
Sample Topics - Israel Related:
1. Is it obligatory to make aliya?
2. Making aliya vs. kibbud av va’em
3. May a kohen who killed a terrorist recite birchat kohanim?
4. Should yeshiva students serve in the IDF?
5. Tearing Keriya Today for Cities of Yehuda, Yerushalayim, and Har Habayit
6. Is a Halachic Government in Israel Required to Destroy Churches?
7. Can we Institute a Sanhedrin Nowadays?
8. Can we Offer Korbanot Nowadays?
Links to sample audio or videos:
Languages: English, HebrewMizrachi discount available for this speaker!
Click here to request this speaker