Rabbi Shlomo Kimche was born in London, and in 1969, at only eight years old, made Aliyah with his family to Haifa. After completing Yeshiva High School at Kibbutz Shaalvim and Yeshivat Hesder Bnei Akiva HaKotel, Rabbi Kimche served during the first Lebanon War (1982) in a tanks division. In 1984, upon completion of his studies and active army service, Rabbi Kimche went on to attend the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, where he earned degrees in Educational Management and Philosophy.
He also worked in the Jewish Agency’s Youth and Hechalutz Dept. as Director of Shabbat Programs for English speaking youth groups visiting Israel.
In 1987, upon completion of his degrees, Rabbi Kimche went to Kollel to do his Semicha (Rabbinic Ordination) and Senior Education Diploma at Yeshivat Shaalvim, where he also ran the Overseas Program. In 1990 he went with his young family on a three-year Shlichut and served as College Rabbi in Mount Scopus College in Melbourne, Australia, one of the largest Jewish Day Schools in the world.
In 1993, the Kimche family returned to Israel and settled in the new city of Efrat, where Rabbi Kimche was appointed Rabbi of one of the largest schools in the area – “Orot Etzion.” He also became a community Rabbi in the local Shul.
In September 1997, Rabbi Kimche founded Yeshivat Bnei Akiva Boys High School “Orot Yehuda” in Efrat, where he served as Rosh Yeshiva, as well as a teacher, for 20 years. He fundraised and built an amazing campus for Orot Yehuda, and in the following years it has made a name for being one of the leading Yeshiva high schools in Israel. Today, orot Yehuda attracts students from far and wide, mostly from Efrat, Gush Etzion and Jerusalem. Currently, Rabbi Kimche teaches in Orot Yehuda for only a few hours every morning, as he has been appointed by Rav Drukman to be Vice Chairman, Bnei Akiva Educational Network Yeshivot and Ulpanot. The network includes 75 Schools and approx. 25,000 students. Last year, Rabbi Kimche opened his new Beit Midrash in Orot Yehuda, where he currently serves as Rabbi of a new, young and thriving community.
He is happily married to Rachel, and they have B”H 5 married children and 11 grandchildren.
Field / Profession: Educator, Community/Synagogue Rabbi, Leadership & Motivation
Educator at: Yeshiva
Speaking Topics: Torah, Israel, Community, Eretz Yisrael, Inspirational, Mussar/Character Development, Jewish Education, Family Education, Halacha & the Modern World, Campus/Students, Other
Sample Topics - Israel Related:
1. Spiritual and psychological meaning behind Jewish Sexual Ethics.
2. Ethics of war in the Tora, Halacha and in IDF.
3. The Eternal blessing from Kohanim.
4. Failsafe - proof of the authenicity of Tora.
5. Rav Soloveichik - Kol Dodi Dofek.
6. The philosophy and psycology of Shabbat.
7. Is Jewish education indoctrinitive?
8. How to teach teenagers Tora in a way that it becomes a meaningful experience.
9. Arguments to strengthen our grip on Eretz Yisrael.
10. Tzelem Elokim - when do we deserve this title?
11. Purpose of Creation - Ram"chal.
12. Kavana in Davening - What is it really all about? (Speaking to Hashem, Thanking & Asking Hashem, Judging ourself)
13. Are we really getting closer to redemption?
14. Who are our enemies and how can we overcome them?
15. What is Emuna and can we develop it?
16.What is עולם הזה ועולם הבא?
17. What is Kabbala and is it reccomended to learn?
18. Were tםhere ever Dinasoars or not?
19. What is special about the Kuzari so much so Rav Kook considered it קודש קדשים?
Languages: English, HebrewMizrachi discount available for this speaker!
Click here to request this speaker