Rabbi Simi Sherman, originally from Silver Spring Maryland, made Aliyah with his family in 2009. He currently lives in Beit Shemesh with his wife, Talia, and 5 children.
Rabbi Sherman earned his BA in Economics, MA in Education and Rabbinic Ordination from Yeshiva University. He also earned an MBA in Finance from Lynn University in Boca Raton Florida. While in Boca Raton, he worked at the Boca Raton Synagogue as a member of the Community Kollel. Since making Aliyah, Rabbi Sherman has taught at Tiferet Center where he served as Rosh Beit Midrash and Yeshiva Lev Hatorah where he teaches and is Assistant Director of Recruitment. In addition to his Rabbinic duties, Rabbi Sherman spends his time working in a variety of businesses and financial ventures.
Field / Profession: Educator, Community/Synagogue Rabbi, Business & Management, Leadership & Motivation
Educator at: Yeshiva, Midrasha
Speaking Topics: Torah, Israel, Community, Eretz Yisrael, Inspirational, Mussar/Character Development, Halacha & the Modern World, Campus/Students
Sample Topics - General:
1) Nature vs. Nurture: Would we be better off in a World of Open Miracles?
2) Tradition, Transmission and Decision: Why is there so much fighting in the Talmud?
3) Honesty: (Almost) Always the Best Policy
4) Biblical vs. Rabbinic Laws: Is there Really a Difference?
5) When I Count to 10, You Better Be Standing: Standing During Keriyat HaTorah
Sample Topics - Israel Related:
1) From Rav Kook to The Satmar Rebbe: 4 Approaches to the Modern State of Israel
2) Can (and should) the Modern State of Israel Affect Practical Halachah?
3) Know How to Respond: Religious Zionist Responses to Common Critiques
4) A Journey Too Far: Is Aliyah for Everyone?
5) No One is Perfect: Why Moshe Could Not Enter the Land of Israel
Languages: EnglishMizrachi discount available for this speaker!
Click here to request this speaker