Rabbi Yehoshua Grunstein received rabbinic ordination from the Chief Rabbinate of Israel and holds a BA in Education from Herzog College. Formerly the Rabbi of the Beth Israel Synagogue in Halifax, Canada, he serves as Director of Training and Placement at the Straus-Amiel and Beren-Amiel Institute of Ohr Torah Stone, which trains, places and offers ongoing support to a vibrant cadre of spiritual leaders who serve the Jewish world around the globe, to promote a Judaism based on Halacha, loving-kindness, professionalism and unity. Rabbi Grunstein also serves as an administrator of the rabbinical court for conversions, located in Gush Etzion, and is part of the founding faculty of the morning English speaking Kollel of Efrat. An experienced rabbi, mentoring Rabbis daily from around the Globe, sought out clergy for life-cycle events, writer and popular lecturer in Israel and around the world, he is the author of “Daven Your Age – An Adult Journey through the Daily Prayer Service” (Gefen, 2013) & “Beyond Routine-Turning Ritual into Meaningful Jewish Practice” (Urim Publishing, scheduled for June 2018,) and has over 1,000 recorded classes online in both Hebrew and English.
Field / Profession: Educator, Business & Management, Leadership & Motivation
Educator at: Other
Recent Places Spoken/Recommendations:
Agudat Shalom, Stamford, CT, Rabbi Daniel Cohen
Yeshurun Synagogue, Manchester, UK, Rabbi Chanan Atlas
Beth Zion, Montreal, Canada, Rabbi Baruch Perton
Speaking Topics: Torah, Israel, Politics, Community, Eretz Yisrael, Inspirational, Mussar/Character Development, Halacha & the Modern World, Other
Sample Topics - General:
1. “Let’s hear a Dvar Torah”= The Tragedy of our Generation
2. Jewish “Unity;” Pipe-Dream or Possibility?
3. Modern/Open/Right wing…Orthodoxy: Aren't we all on the same side?
4. Jewish Divorce; Removing the Veil with Dignity
5. “In the Conversion Process”- Still a Gentile, or just “Not a Jew yet?”
6. Being Normal & Jewish; Possible, Impossible or a Halachik Imperative?
7. Women & Orthodoxy, Circa 2018- Opportunities, Evolutions & Revolutions
8. Conversions, Convulsions, Fakers and Fear.
9. The "Half-Jew" - Fantasy or Halachik reality?
10. “I’m Machmir”- Being Stringent Properly and Normally
11. Does Halacha change with life?
12. Does Halacha FLEX for the sake of Outreach & Combating Assimilation?
13. Lyrics or Law- How can we insure the next link in the chain?
14. "Two Jews=five opinions;" Should we laugh or cry?
15. Why do Jews like to have Davened but dislike Davening?
16. Praying with a Minyan; Why should Jews come to shul in 2018?
17. Jewish Prayer- Global or Particular?
18. “Service of the Heart,” or “Service of the Siddur”?
19. Prayer; The emotional Roller-Coaster of LIFE.
20. The “Petition” of Shabbat
21. Havdalah; The Secret of Jewish Survival
22. The Daily "Twilight;"= The Human Predicament
23. "Yes sir" or "Why"- what's the Jewish way?
24. Serving G-d without “training wheels.”
25. Happiness versus a "Thriller"- are they the same?
26. Tefillin; a Story of the Hand & Heart
27. Laining; Learning or Experiencing the Torah?
28. A Sense of Humor: a Prescription for the Awe of Heaven
29. Mourning the Temple; Living “as if.”
30. Rosh Chodesh- a time to feast or a time to grieve?
Sample Topics - Israel Related:
1. "When all is lost”= The "new" Jewish Holidays.
2. "Rabbis" and "the Rabbinate," Circa 2018
3. Israel at 70; still the "Dawning of our Redemption"?
4. Israel 2018; The loss of Proportion.
5. Will Israelis and Judaism yet celebrate a reunion?
6. Israel and the Diaspora; Can we have a long-distance relationship?
7. “Next year in Jerusalem" – Can I be a Religious Zionist living abroad?
Links to sample audio or videos:
Personal website: http://www.yutorah.org/rabbi-yehoshua-grunstein/
Languages: English, HebrewMizrachi discount available for this speaker!
Click here to request this speaker