Guiding in Israel has been my passion for the past 22 years. Whether guiding a group, a family, or individuals, I enjoy sharing the wonders of Israel with them. I like to connect our visitors to our shared past, and to get them to appreciate the amazing strides we have made in the past 70 years. I gear my tour to whoever I am guiding, so of course a tour will vary if I have children or teens or adults. It will vary also depending on the interests of the participants and the amount of time that they will spend in Israel. But – no matter who the group participants are, my goal is for them to return home enthusiastic about Israel, and looking forward to the next time they come to us.
Licensed Tour guide: Yes
Available for virtual tours: No
Level of English: Mother tongue
Other languages: Hebrew
Tour guide or operator: Tour guide, Operator
Can arrange: Buses, Hotels, Meals
What services offered: Day tours, Multiple day tours, Itinerary planning
Years of guiding experience: 22
Sample tour topics:
1. In the footsteps of the Philistines- The People of the Sea - the advanced tribes from the Aegean islands that threatened the Israelites in the First Temple period. Visit their towns, and learn of their impressive culture - and learn of their various wars with the Israelites
2. From Dan to Be'er Sheva - tribal inheritance, borders, cult and archeology
3. Mishna - In the footsteps of the Sanhedrin - to include Roman history as background to understanding the times of the Mishna - as well as the sites where the Sanhedrin operated.
4. Modern Israel - The battles of 1948 - follow the battlelines, the cemeteries, and the resulting borders.
5. Animals in the Tanach and in modern Israel - tour/study sessions of animals in the Bible, their habitat, halachot related to treating them - and an update to modern day conditions.
6. Culinary tour - tasting and cooking - visit various food sources, join famous chefs in preparing a meal, and 'taste' your way through Israel.
7. Shiva Minim tour - wineries, olive productions sites, pomegranate wine, and beer. (Can be combined with the culinary tour).
8. The Crusader Kingdom in Israel - its history, its remains (Caesaria and Akko) and the history of the Jews in 13th Century Israel under the Crusaders.
9. Eliyahu Hanavi - his travels, his prophecies, his passion and his battles with King Ahab - on location where these events took place.
Eshkol licensed: Yes
Vehicle available: Car, Minivan, Van, Bus
Largest group size: 60
Carries firearm: No
Academic degrees or special training:
ABD (all but dissertation for a PhD - in Jewish studies). Also have a teacher's degree.
Regions of expertise: Coast, Galil, Golan, Sanhedrin Trail, Tzfat, Yerushalayim - New City, Yerushalayim - Old City
Type of tours offered: Archaeology, Chessed/Mitzva, Culinary, Ecology, Historical - Bayit Sheni, Historical - British, Historical - Crusader, Historical - Middle Ages, Historical - Modern, Historical - Roman-Byzantine, Historical - Tanach, Mishna-Talmud, Social Action, Tanach, Wine, Women’s Interests
Available for: 25-40, 40-65, 65 and Older
Groups catered for: Individuals, Families, Academics, Community Groups, Missions, Corporate Guests, Rabbis
Length of tours offered: Half day, Full day, Two days, Overnights, Three days, Longer programs
Mizrachi discount available for this tour guide!
Click here to request this tour guide